Saturday, January 3, 2009

Friends are Family!

We just got done having an awesome weekend with some really good friends of ours!  I love getting together and just spending good, quality time in fellowship!  When our paths intertwine, we leave little bits of ourselves with eachother, however small they may be.  The coolest part of all that interaction is that through the years, the courses of our lives are changed via the smallest statements, actions or ideals that are passed on perposefully or even inadvertently.
The positive influences that we have on eachother and the times of joy we share create life-long bonds that cannot be broken by distance or time.  Rather, the space between us creates fondness of the heart and time grows the bonds of Love and Friendship that surpass even death.  Best of all, by living our lives in service and loyalty to eachother, our lives become a patchwork of Gods perfect design and a testimony of his love to those who seek belonging.  
I am so thankful that God has blessed my wife, my son, and I with such good companions in such a time as this.  When we live in a world that revolves around self-preservation, the most powerful witness in the world is the ability to Love unconditionally.  I am moved to think that I would be worthy of such kindness but the truth is, I'm not.  That is the beauty of true friendship.  No matter where you go or what you do, true friends will always be there.  Even to the end of days.  That, my friends, is the relationship God wants for us.  The design of true relationship and an example of what he did on the cross for us, thrives in the warm embrace of real, sincere, and unfaultering friendship.  God bless you all and Amen.

No comments: